GENERAL BUSINESS MEETING
April 4, 2017
Supervisor Dean Edwards called to order the General Business Meeting of the Piatt Township Board of Supervisors on Tuesday, April 4, 2017, in the township municipal building, 9687 North Rt. 220 Highway, Jersey Shore, PA. He led those in attendance in the pledge of allegiance to the flag and a moment of silence.
Present: Dean Edwards, Dennis Rager, Shelly Davis
Visitors: Denny Buttorff, Mike & Payten Samar, Sasha Showers
GENERAL BUSINESS MEETING
Citizens Comments – The Supervisors read a letter received from Liz Barnhart which expressed concern for the maintenance and care of Hesker Hill Road from the Canoe Run Road access.
Minutes – Dean moved to approve the March 7th General Business Meeting minutes, Dennis seconded, motion carried.
Tiadaghton Valley Regional Police Department – None.
Act 537 – Nothing new to report.
Planning Commission – Nothing new to report
- The Ford F-450 Super Duty is at Sweitzer’s Garage for the repair discussed at the previous meeting as well as a additional repairs.
- Dean will be contacting Don Free regarding 2017 road work estimates for Campbell Lane East & West, Forge Hill and Hesker Hill Road.
Tax Collection – Shelly presented a poster and sign-up sheet to display during both the primary and general election at the building, notifying the residents of the Tax Collector vacancy. The Supervisors approved.
Solicitor – Nothing new to report.
SEO & PUCC – Nothing new to report
Zoning & Building Permits – 1 permit; Boyd Toner, Jr.
EMC & Fire –Denny provided an Office of Emergency Management March report and daily log for the Supervisors to review.
Stormwater Management Ordinance – Nothing new to report, still working on it.
FEMA 2016 Disasters Assistance – Denny reported that we should receive close to $20,000 in assistance.
Correspondence File –
- Dr. Jill Wenrich (JSSD Superintendent) and Mr. Bruce Boncal (Director of Operations) will be attending the May 2017 meeting to discuss cell/internet service.
- The Supervisors reviewed a set of proofing ballots for the May 16 primary elections from the Lycoming County Board of Elections.
- Dean is very interested in purchasing bleachers to place behind the dugout. Walmart sells them for $1,200. Scott suggested we contact Bowman Field, since they are updating the stadium, they may have a used set for sale.
- Salladasburg Little League – Mike & Payten Samar as well as Sasha Showers was in attendance to recognize Piatt Township as a Salladasburg Little League sponsors. Mike sincerely thanked the Supervisors for providing the League and residents of Piatt Township with a “much needed” practice field. The League greatly appreciates everything the Piatt Township Supervisors have done.
Dean moved to approve the Treasurer’s Report, Scott seconded, motion carried.
Dean moved to approve payment of all bills, Dennis seconded, motion carried.
Dean moved to adjourn, Dennis seconded, motion carried.
Meeting adjourned at 8:42 p.m.
Shelly S. Davis