GENERAL BUSINESS MEETING
August 4, 2015
Supervisor Dean Edwards called to order the General Business Meeting of the Piatt Township Board of Supervisors on Tuesday, August 4, 2015, in the township municipal building, 9687 North Rt. 220 Highway, Jersey Shore, PA. He led those in attendance in the pledge of allegiance to the flag and a moment of silence.
Present: Dean Edwards, T. Scott Moore, Dennis Rager, Shelly Davis
GENERAL BUSINESS MEETING
Citizens Comments – None
Minutes – Dean moved to approve the minutes from the July 7 General Business Meeting, Scott seconded, motion carried.
Act 537 – Nothing new to report.
Planning Commission – Nothing new to report.
- Taylor’s Creekside Tires & Repairs put 6 new tires on the F-450 and now it won’t stay on the road. It is very hard to keep in the lane and wonders badly. Marco called Taylor’s and they stated “they just need warn in.” The Supervisors disagreed with that opinion and requested Shelly to hold the payment until they discuss the situation again with Taylor’s.
- Charles Construction is uncertain on when they can complete the 90 ft. blacktop section at the intersection of Lime Kiln/Youngs Run. Many residents are unhappy with the present road situation; the Supervisors discussed various options to alleviate the problem until Charles can complete the blacktop.
- SEDA-COG is required by PennDOT to place road markings (edge markings and stop bars) at the Schoolhouse Road railroad crossing. They are not capable of doing this and wondered if the Township could….they are willing to pay us for it. The Supervisors felt we could and Dean will contact.
- All roads have been mowed.
- The grader is at Dave Paulhamus’s. Marco believes the gasket is leaking and something is wrong with the hydraulics’.
Tax Collection – Nothing new to report.
Solicitor – Dean moved to appoint Denise L. Dieter as legal counsel at $100.00 per hour with a meeting fee to be negotiated if needed, seconded by Scott, motion carried.
SEO & PUCC – Nothing new to report.
Zoning & Building Permits – Nothing new to report.
EMC & Fire – Independent Hose provided a June & July alarm & incident report for the Supervisors to review.
Stormwater Management Ordinance – Nothing new to report, still working on it.
JSWA Water Through Route 220 Corridor – Nothing new to report.
Correspondence File – Nothing new to report.
RESOLUTION #2015-12 “A RESOLUTION OF THE BOARD OF SUPERVISORS OF THE TOWNSHIP OF PIATT PROVIDING FOR SUPPLEMENTAL APPROPRIATIONS FOR THE 2015 BUDGET” – The Supervisors accepted Resolution #2015-12 which acknowledges receipt of and makes supplemental appropriations for funds received but not appropriated for in the 2015 budget with a motion by Dean, Denny seconded, motion carried.
Dean moved to approve the Treasurer’s Report, Scott seconded, motion carried.
Dean moved to approve payment of all bills on the Bill List, Denny seconded, motion carried.
Dean moved to adjourn, Scott seconded, motion carried.
Meeting adjourned at 8:21 p.m.
Shelly S. Davis