GENERAL BUSINESS MEETING
July 11, 2017
Supervisor Dean Edwards called to order the General Business Meeting of the Piatt Township Board of Supervisors on Tuesday, July 11, 2017, in the township municipal building, 9687 North Rt. 220 Highway, Jersey Shore, PA. He led those in attendance in the pledge of allegiance to the flag and a moment of silence.
Present: Dean Edwards, T. Scott Moore, Dennis Rager, Shelly Davis
Visitors: Mark Deitrick, Chief Nathan DeRemer
GENERAL BUSINESS MEETING
Citizens Comments – None.
Minutes – Dean moved to approve the June 6th General Business Meeting minutes, Scott seconded, motion carried.
Tiadaghton Valley Regional Police Department – Chief Nathan DeRemer presented the June 2017 Piatt Township Police Activity Report. There were 66.40 patrol hours, 27 incidents, 11 speeding violations and 14 additional citations and charges
Act 537 – Nothing new to report.
Planning Commission – Nothing new to report
- The Supervisors received clarification and additional details on the price quote from Motrim & Tiger from Marco. No decision was made. Marco should receive the rental (tractor and mower) from Bradco later this month. The rental is $1,800 per week.
- Dean presented a drawing of road improvement and drainage changes on Larryville Road. The Supervisors agreed.
- Repaired the tractors fuel pump.
- Sandblasted and painted the F-450 and repainted the Mack frame.
Tax Collection – Nothing new to report.
Solicitor – Nothing new to report.
SEO & PUCC – Nothing new to report.
Zoning & Building Permits – 1 permit; Patricia & Guy Wolfe
EMC & Fire – Denny distributed the June 2017 EM Report. The National Flood Insurance Program’s (NFIP) Community Rating System (CRS) is a voluntary incentive program that recognizes and encourages community floodplain management activities that exceed the minimum NFIP requirements. As a result, flood insurance premium rates are discounted to reflect the reduced flood risk resulting from the communities’ actions. The Piatt Township CRS has never been completed. Denny received permission from the Supervisors to complete the paperwork necessary for CRS approval for Piatt Township.
Stormwater Management Ordinance – Nothing new to report, still working on it.
FEMA 2016 Disasters Assistance – Nothing new to report.
Muncy Bank & Trust Company Proposal – Dean moved to changing our bank institution from Jersey Shore State Bank to Muncy Bank & Trust Company as depositories of township funds, seconded by Dennis, motion carried. Scott recused himself from the discussion and vote.
Driveway Permit Ordinance – Tabled.
2017 Road Projects – The Township received two seal coat bids. The bid results are as follows…
|Midland Asphalt Materials Inc.||$92,825.95|
|Hammaker East LTD.||$79,892.50|
Both bids were significantly higher than expected. After some discussion the Supervisors decided to table the decision until they had an opportunity to consider their options, conditions of the roads, finances, etc….
Correspondence File –
- The PA Public Utility Commission released Act 13 money. Piatt Township received 30,338.88 which was deposited July 10, 2017.
- Several residents recently contact Shelly regarding construction of a 2-story garage at 531 Martin Road. The construction started May 2013 and has never been completed. Shelly contacted Gerry Kilgus, Codes, Inspections, Inc. and County Zoning regarding the situation. There is nothing that can be done, the homeowner ran out of money. No one has any authority to do anything about it.
Dean moved to approve the Treasurer’s Report, Dennis seconded, motion carried.
Dean moved to approve payment of all bills, Scott seconded, motion carried.
Denny Buttorff has given countless hours of his time, mileage and resource to secure over $15,000 for Piatt Township from the FEMA 2016 Disaster. After some discussion, the Supervisors unanimously agreed to compensate him for some of the expenses he has incurred working for us as well as a token of appreciation from the Township. Dennis moved to give Denny Buttorff $200, Dean seconded, motion carried.
Due to a conflict, the August meeting scheduled for Tuesday, August 1st will be changed to Tuesday, August 8th. Shelly will advertise the change as required by the Second Class Township Code.
Scott moved to adjourn, Dennis seconded, motion carried.
Meeting adjourned at 9:12 p.m.
Shelly S. Davis