GENERAL BUSINESS MEETING
July 7, 2015
Supervisor Dean Edwards called to order the General Business Meeting of the Piatt Township Board of Supervisors on Tuesday, July 7, 2015, in the township municipal building, 9687 North Rt. 220 Highway, Jersey Shore, PA. He led those in attendance in the pledge of allegiance to the flag and a moment of silence.
Present: Dean Edwards, T. Scott Moore, Dennis Rager, Shelly Davis
GENERAL BUSINESS MEETING
Citizens Comments – The Supervisors reviewed an email received from David Weaver of 516 Martins Road. David emailed the supervisors pictures with detailed explanation of the road damage occurring due to drainage and water issues. In addition to the drainage & water issue, last winter the top of his drain pipe was sheared off by the Township grader when we were plowing. The Supervisors decided to take a look and see what can be done, after several other road projects have been completed.
Minutes – Dean moved to approve the minutes from the June 2 General Business Meeting, Scott seconded, motion carried.
Act 537 – Nothing new to report.
Planning Commission – Nothing new to report.
- We have put 6 new tires on the 450 and now it won’t stay on the road. Very hard to keep in the lane, it wonders so badly. Almost lost it with the trailer attached.
- The railroad crossing on Cement Hollow is finished and they did a great job.
- Milling and filling low spots on Cement Hollow, Level Corners and several on Lime Kiln have been completed.
- We received an estimate of $5,740 from Charles Construction to blacktop a 90 ft. section at the intersection of Lime Kiln/Youngs Run. Dean moved to approve Charles Construction, Dennis seconded, motion carried.
- Would like to ‘hire out’ the work of digging out the trenches on Devils’s Elbow to prepare for the FDR/Paving project awarded to Glenn O. Hawbaker. We contacted Pine Mountain Excavating-they are too busy, Joe Chenault-he is unavailable and Hennigan Excavating-he can start immediately at $115 per hour. Dean moved to approve hiring Hennigan Excavating, Scott seconded, motion carried.
- Borton-Lawson is currently designing a gas pipeline for UGI Utilities. The pipeline will be crossing Nices Hollow Road. Dean has requested to meet with a representative from the company at the site.
Tax Collection – Nothing new to report.
Solicitor – The Supervisors reviewed letters of interest, outlining their qualification and hourly rate, from Denise L. Dieter, Scott T. Williams and John A. Smay. No decision was made.
SEO & PUCC – Nothing new to report.
Zoning & Building Permits – 4 permits issued; Steven McPherson, Larry & Dorothy Swartz, Stephen & Tina Thompson and John Yearick.
EMC & Fire – Citizens Hose provided an May alarm & incident report for the Supervisors to review.
Stormwater Management Ordinance – Nothing new to report, still working on it.
JSWA Water Through Route 220 Corridor – Nothing new to report.
Correspondence File – Nothing new to report.
Dean moved to approve the Treasurer’s Report, Scott seconded, motion carried.
Dean moved to approve payment of all bills on the Bill List, Denny seconded, motion carried.
Dean moved to adjourn, Scott seconded, motion carried.
Meeting adjourned at 8:14 p.m.
Shelly S. Davis