GENERAL BUSINESS MEETING
October 6, 2015
Supervisor Dean Edwards called to order the General Business Meeting of the Piatt Township Board of Supervisors on Tuesday, October 6, 2015, in the township municipal building, 9687 North Rt. 220 Highway, Jersey Shore, PA. He led those in attendance in the pledge of allegiance to the flag and a moment of silence.
Present: Dean Edwards, T. Scott Moore, Dennis Rager, Shelly Davis
GENERAL BUSINESS MEETING
Citizens Comments – None
Minutes – Dean moved to approve the minutes from the September 1 General Business Meeting, Dennis seconded, motion carried.
Act 537 – Nothing new to report.
Planning Commission – Nothing new to report.
- Glenn O. Hawbaker completed the full depth reclamation & paving project on Geiler Hollow Road and Devils Elbow Road.
- Glenn O. Hawbaker also completed the 90 ft. blacktop section at the intersection of Lime Kiln & Youngs Road. In July, Charles Construction was approved to complete this section of road but has never given us a definite date of when it could be completed. Dean discussed the situation with Don Free and was advised to proceed with Glenn O. Hawbaker.
- Dean moved to pay the entire full depth reclamation & paving project on Geiler Hollow Road and Devils Elbow Road out of the State Account, Scott seconded, motion carried.
- Dean moved to pay the 90 ft. blacktop section at the intersection of Lime Kiln & Youngs Road from the General Fund, Scott seconded, motion carried.
- The ditches along Devils Elbow Road were discussed. The speed and amount of water is the primary concern, in order to reduce the velocity the Supervisors decided to divert the water by placing railroad ties in the ditch.
- We borrowed Mifflin Township’s conveyor belt to finish the berms along Devils Elbow Road.
- We are getting 150 railroad ties from the North Shore Railroad.
- SEDA-COG has contracted with us to paint the Railroad crossing pavement markings required on School House Road.
- After some discussion, Dean moved to increase Steve Riggles’ hourly rate to $13.50, Scott seconded, motion carried.
- Due to unreliable and inconsistent service with Big Mountain Disposal, Dean moved to contract with Grenoble’s Disposal Service for garbage collection, Scott seconded, motion carried.
Solicitor – Nothing new to report.
SEO & PUCC – Nothing new to report.
Zoning & Building Permits – Lycoming County Zoning announced a change in the Zoning Administration position; David Hines has resigned and Kurt Schmitt has been hired to take over the Zoning Administer role. Two permits were issued; David & Eileen Dougherty and Richard & Dawn Powell.
EMC & Fire – Citizen Hose provided a June & July incident and alarm report. Independent Hose provided an August & September incident & alarm report.
Stormwater Management Ordinance – Nothing new to report, still working on it.
JSWA Water Through Route 220 Corridor – Nothing new to report.
Correspondence File –
- Shelly presented an invitation to the Annual Lycoming County Convention and Dinner to be held October 21.
- We received the 2015 state aid allocation supporting the volunteer fire relief association of the volunteer fire companies. Shelly distributed the funds as required to both Citizen Hose and Independent Hose.
Resolution #2015-13 – Dean made a motion to accepted Resolution #2015-13 which documents the townships decision not to appeal the FEMA proposed flood map changes, Denny seconded, motion carried.
2016 Budget – The Supervisors will conduct a special budget session, along with any other township business on Tuesday, October 27 at 7:00 pm at the township building. Shelly will advertise as required by the Second Class Township Code.
Dean moved to approve the Treasurer’s Report, Scott seconded, motion carried.
Dean moved to approve payment of all bills on the Bill List, Denny seconded, motion carried.
Dean moved to adjourn, Scott seconded, motion carried.
Meeting adjourned at 8:48 p.m.
Shelly S. Davis