GENERAL BUSINESS MEETING
September 5, 2017
Supervisor Dean Edwards called to order the General Business Meeting of the Piatt Township Board of Supervisors on Tuesday, September 5, 2017, in the township municipal building, 9687 North Rt. 220 Highway, Jersey Shore, PA. He led those in attendance in the pledge of allegiance to the flag and a moment of silence.
Present: Dean Edwards, T. Scott Moore, Dennis Rager, Shelly Davis
Visitors: Denny Buttorff, Officer Crawford, Ed & Kristina Dammer, Mr. & Mrs. Fred Hauser, William Encke
GENERAL BUSINESS MEETING
Citizens Comments – Ed & Kristina Dammer, Mr. & Mrs. Fred Hauser and William Encke were all in attendance to discuss the berm work completed by the Township on Zion View Drive. They were not happy with the work and wanted it rectified. After looking at pictures and discussing the situation the Supervisors decided to fill, roll and seed the areas requested.
Minutes – Dean moved to approve the August 8th General Business Meeting minutes, Scott seconded, motion carried.
Tiadaghton Valley Regional Police Department – Officer Crawford presented the August 2017 Piatt Township Police Activity Report. There were 99.6 patrol hours, 27 incidents, 26 speeding violations and 2 additional citations and charges.
Act 537 – Nothing new to report.
Planning Commission – Nothing new to report
- Cleaned up after storm and assisted PennDot with Route 287.
- Geiler Hollow & Losch Lane was hit very hard by the storm. Dean contracted Adam Warden to clean-up and cut the damaged trees for a cost of $875. He received from a verbal bid from Loffredo’s Tree Trimming & Removal of $1,000.
- Graded Hesker Hill, then it rained and created 6”-8” of mud which made them have to close the road. They have since cleaned up the road.
- The Schoolhouse Roof is completed. The total cost was $7,340.
- Cut berms on East Martin Road and Schoolhouse Road.
- Cut berms on Zion View Drive & up the hill to the cul-de-sak.
- Cut berms on Wagner Road and shaped up the end.
- Skid Steer has been delivered to Columbia Crossroads for repair.
- Pine Mountain assisted Piatt on black topping the berms on Nices Hollow Road. They placed 30 tons of 19mm.
- Before Hammakers arrived they filled holes, with cold patch where needed.
- Hammakers has completed the tar & chip road project.
Tax Collection – Nothing new to report.
Solicitor – Nothing new to report.
SEO & PUCC – Nothing new to report.
Zoning & Building Permits – None issued this month.
EMC & Fire – Denny enlightened the Supervisors on HB 1620 and is still working on having the 25 trees removed from Larry’s Creek from the storm.
Stormwater Management Ordinance – Nothing new to report, still working on it.
FEMA 2016 Disasters Assistance – We finally received our 2017 Disaster Assistance money from FEMA; $20,016.30 was directly deposited into our account.
Correspondence File – Shelly prepared & presented the Tiadaghton Valley Regional Police 2017 Expenses vs. Revenue Report; TOTAL 2017 PAYOUT YTD $29,422.62, TOTAL 2017 REVENUE YTD $11,044.01, DIFFERENCE (Actual 2017 Cost to the Township ytd) $18,378.61.
As discussed in August, Cogan House Township is selling a 986 Farmall Tractor with boom mower and other accessories. Dean has negotiated the price down to $14,000. Scott would like to attempt to negotiate it down a little further. Dean moved that we purchase the 986 Farmall Tractor with boom mower and other accessories for not more than $14,000, Denny seconded, motion carried.
Dean moved to approve the Treasurer’s Report, Scott seconded, motion carried.
Dean moved to approve payment of all bills with the exception of Ulmer Farms, Denny seconded, motion carried. The Supervisors would like to attempt to negotiate a better price for the trailer rental portion of the invoice.
Dean moved to adjourn, Scott seconded, motion carried.
Meeting adjourned at 9:25 p.m.
Shelly S. Davis